One of the first six AACSB accredited B-schools in India, IFIM Business School Bangalore has launched two new AICTE approved programmes - PGDM in Finance and PGDM in Marketing with Specializations for grooming professionals in marketing and finance domains. Branded as ‘PGDM SpecX’, the programs will be taught by India’s top faculty in Finance and Marketing
IFIM Business School Bangalore, one of the first six AACSB accredited B-schools in India, has launched two new AICTE approved programmes - PGDM in Finance and PGDM in Marketing with Specializations for grooming professionals in marketing and finance domains. Branded as ‘PGDM SpecX’, the programs will be taught by India’s top faculty in Finance and Marketing.
Speaking on the occasion of launch of new PGDM programmes, Dr Atish Chattopadhyay, Director, IFIM Business School, said, “IFIM Business School has always been at the forefront of innovation and program development, keeping in tune with industry needs and aspirant aspirations. With PGDM SpecX, we are creating professionals who are domain specialists in emerging roles in the areas of finance and marketing & who, at the same time, can appreciate the interplay of various functions of management. This is a win-win for both the students and recruiters.”
Hitherto, IFIM Bangalore offered two-year full time residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) with options to do Major in Marketing, Finance, Digital Business, Analytics, HRM. Besides, IFIM also offers 2 years full time programme - PGDM Data Science and PGDM (IB).
This article will discuss about the newly launched PGDM Finance.
PGDM Finance at IFIM is a two-year full-time specialized programme in management and is specially designed for students interested in focusing on a specialized management domain to build their career.
With the specialised PGDM Finance program, IFIM is focusing on creating leaders of tomorrow who are skilled and nurtured with a focus on a specific domain complemented with management learnings. The approach to the leader 4.0 Experiential learning is accomplished through IBM Business Analytics Lab, Prabhudas Lilladhar Finance Lab, Bloomberg Trading Terminal, Case Studies Centre, Industry Internship Projects, Industry Guest Lectures, Workshops, Simulations, CSR Projects. Students also get the advantage of IFIM being the university partner to CFA Program.
The program prepares PGDM Finance graduates for new age roles in New Age Specialization areas such as:
IFIM Business School has a rich faculty strength with outstanding academic background and industry experience. Many of the faculty members have played CXO roles in industry. IFIM Business School has an eclectic mix of both Scholarly Academics and Practice Oriented Faculty – which includes, 9 graduates from IIMs, of which 3 are IIM fellows, 11 graduates from IIT and BITS, of which 4 are Ph.Ds. The group also includes 4 faculty each with degrees from Central and Foreign Universities, and 14 faculty with CXO level experience.
Leveraging its rich faculty resource pool, IFIM Faculty members who will be teaching at the PGDM Finance Program include:
1. Prof. Swapan Kanti Chaudhuri: Popularly known as SKC, Prof. Chaudhuri has over four decades of experience in teaching, research and consultancy. He was a Professor at MDI Gurgaon, IMI Delhi, and IMT Ghaziabad. He has been a visiting scholar at Kellogg Graduate School of Management (North Western University, USA), and Manchester Business School (UK). As Team Lead or Key Expert, Prof. Chaudhuri has worked in more than 70 consultancy assignments funded by national governments and donors (DFID, World Bank, EU, ADB, USAID, UNICEF, UNDP, UNWOMEN, Global Fund, etc.) in South Asia and Africa. Prior to joining IFIM, he was the Chief Economic Advisor in Kenya (2018-19) for IPE Global Ltd.
2. Dr. Amit Bagga: A practicing Chartered Accountant, Financial Consultant, Auditor & Valuation Analyst, Senior Partner at N.B. & Co., a CA firm. He is a Strategic HR Consultant, Committee Member at ICAI. He has a rich experience of more than 25 years and is a trainer with NISM, ICICI Securities and Imarticus. Prior to joining IFIM, he worked as a Financial Consultant at Midas Investments.
3. Prof. Prashant Goyal: A Private Equity professional with an industry and teaching experience of over 30 years, Prof. Prashant is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore and BITS Pilani and his core areas of interest are ‘Corporate Valuation’, ‘Entrepreneurial Finance’ and ‘Valuation of Start-ups’. Prior to joining IFIM, he was the Chief Executive Officer of TEI Technologies.
4. Dr. Jitender Kumar: An eminent financial strategist, researcher, and corporate executive, Prof. Jitender is a prolific equity researcher, portfolio advisor and a senior executive running financial organizations. He has over 15 years of experience in the fields of Equities, Mutual Funds, Derivatives, Fund Management and Research with various financial firms including an Asset Management Company. Prior to joining IFIM, he was the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer at Accuracap Consultancy Services.
5. Prof. Rajendra K Sinha: Prof. RK Sinha is an enterprising Leader & Planner with 35+ Years of extensive experience with State Bank of India Group including top executive assignments such as SME Business Head, trainer at State Bank Academy. He has published over 50 Papers / articles in reputed Journals and has received several awards including Cooverji Hormusji Bhabha Research Scholarship & Award from Indian Banks Association; Finance Minister Book Writing Award 2000 under IBA auspices.
The PGDM Finance 2020-22 Programme Fee at IFIM Bangalore is as under:
|PGDM Program & Duration||Total Fees (INR)|
|2 Years Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management Finance – PGDM(Finance) with SpecX||12,00,000|
Intake for PGDM Finance 2020-22 batch is 60 seats only.
IFIM Bangalore has recorded excellent placements over the last few years for its PGDM programme. The PGDM Finance placement will be available in 2022. A review of PGDM Placement 2020 is shared below:
IFIM Placements for its PGDM 2018-20 batch were over in December 2019 with a rise of 22% in average salary. The highest salary package offered at IFIM is Rs 19.5 lakhs. 159 companies participated in the placement process making offers to 261 graduating students. IFIM has broken its last year record by a month of completing the placement in January.
Both average and highest placements have jumped to new heights. A snapshot of comparative placements 2019 over 2018 is given below:
|Placement Statistics||Placement 2020||Placement 2019||Placement 2018|
|Total number of Companies||159||177||107|
|Total number of offers made||261||263||209|
|Highest package||INR 19,50,000||INR 1,664,000||INR 1,650,000|
|Average package (22% rise)||INR 9,15,000||INR 7,50,000||INR 5,72,140|
Top Recruiters at IFIM Bangalore include Amazon, Oracle, Flipkart, SBI Bank, Deloitte, Morgan Stanley, CavinKare, Future Group, HDFC, ITC, 3M, Nestle, Mphasis, Siemens, Societe Generale, Wipro Read More about IFIM Placement 2020
According to IFIM Bangalore, “The ideal candidate for the PGDM Finance SpecX Program is a graduate who intends to kick-start his/her career as a domain specialist in new age roles. Someone who is willing to roll up the sleeves for effective execution and NOT an arm chair strategist. Someone who can work in a team, can experiment and is willing to acquire new skills.”
Application last date for admission to PGDM Finance 2020-22 batch at IFIM Business School Bangalore is closing on September 21, 2020.
Below is shared the IFIM PGDM Finance Admission 2020 eligibility criteria:
IFIM is looking for the candidates who have new ideas and are entrepreneurial instead of only high scorers in MBA entrance exams.
Established in 1995, IFIM Business School, Bangalore, is currently amongst the top six Business Schools in India to have been awarded the AACSB accreditation. IFIM is also accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), and South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS), and is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Various programmes at IFIM includes 2 Year residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) with international super-specializations in Martech, Fintech, Big Data Analytics, Digital Transformation & HR; Newly launched SpecX with experiential specialisations for new age roles - 2 Year PGDM Marketing and 2 Year PGDM Finance; PGDM IB- Dual Degree Pathway Program in association with State University of New York (Albany) and Sydney Business School (UOW); Online Management Programs - A unique learn from home program which brings in the experience of learning from a campus while at home and undergraduate degree programme -BBA at Vijaybhoomi University, Greater Mumbai, having pathway options with ESCP Europe, ESC Rennes, UOW Australia and SUNY Albany.
IFIM Business School has four distinct anchors that support its overall educational philosophy:
Actively engaged in research and consulting, IFIM hosts several Centres of Excellence such as AIM-Parasuraman Centre of Service Excellence and Centre for Consulting in Digital Leadership. IFIM has an elite set of international academic partners including leading institutes such as ESCP-London, Darden Business School (University of Virginia) and McCombs Business School (University of Texas at Austin).