Jagdish Sheth School of Management (formerly IFIM Business School) and Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) signed MoU on the 27th Nov 2019. IIBF is the leading banking training institution and is the largest global body of its kind with 770+ institutional members Banks/FIs and 7.7+ lac individual members.
The 10-credit Super-Specialization in Banking is run jointly by both institutions and is aimed at honing the skills of participants who are interested in pursuing a career in the Banking industry. The participants will get to develop clarity on banking concepts and hands-on application of such knowledge while solving real-life problems from banks.
This includes two coveted certification courses from IIBF – Certified Credit Professional and Certified Treasury Professional. Each of these two courses are of 3-credits each. Besides, projects on real-life business problems sourced from the banking industry enable the students to interact and work closely with executives from the industry and understand their imperatives. The project work is of 3 credits and students writing reflective blog on their experiential learning has a 1 credit weightage.
Certified Credit Professional
Certified Treasury Professional
Principles & Practices of Banking
Corporate and Retail Banking
Financial Inclusion, Rural Banking & Microfinance
Professor & Chairperson, Centre of Excellence in Banking.
Ph.D. (AMU), PGDM, M.Sc., CAIIB (IIBF), AMFI, CIF, SP
A seasoned banker with 35+ years of experience with State Bank of India including top executive assignments as SME Business Head & Industry Studies Vertical Head. He had extensive operational experiences as 3- times Regional Manager (including the Best Regional Business Head & Chairman Club Awardee) and 6-times Branch Manager, all geographies. Awardee of CH Bhabha Research Scholarship (IBA).
Faculty & Head- Professional Development centre,Indian Institute of Banking & Finance, Chennai .
MBA (Finance), M.Sc. (Mathematics), CAIIB
He has 37 years’ experience in Banking Industry and was Deputy General Manager (Principal- Management Development Institute- Apex Training Institute of Bank of India). Served in Paris Branch and also as Alternate Chief executive of Commonwealth Finance corporation limited, Hong Kong. His core competency in Banking is in the areas of Treasury, Foreign Exchange, and International Banking.
Faculty, Indian Institute of Banking & Finance
PGDIM, CAIIB, AICWA
She has more than 38 years of experience in banking industry. She served in Bank of India as Deputy General Manager & had a tenure at the Bank’s Subsidiary in London. Her core competency in Banking is in Corporate Credit including Project Appraisal and Infrastructure Financing.
Joint Director (Academics) IIBF
Ph.D., MBA (Banking & Finance)
With a total experience of more than 22 Years, in diversified fields, viz., Banking, Insurance, Financial Services and Treasury. She has authored four books viz., Risk Management, Foreign Exchange Management, Mutual Fund Management and Portfolio Management in addition to co-authoring a book on 'Financial Accounting'. .
Guest Faculty, Credit & International Banking
Ph.D., MA (Economics)
Dr. Chikara was a Senior Faculty & Deputy General Manager (Credit & International Banking) at State Bank Academy and had also worked at the Foreign Department of the bank. He has published 6 Papers in International/National journals. He was a recipient of Macro Research fellowship from IIBF.
Guest Faculty, Treasury Operations
Banker with extensive treasury experiences, and was VP-Treasury, Bandhan Bank and previously Deputy Head, Corporate Treasury at UCO Bank. Established Treasury, Customizing Applications & Integration with CBS/ E-Kuber/CCIL/SWIFT .
How to eliminate middle- man in Credit Rating Business.
• Impact on business bottom line of Rating Agencies as a result sharing of commission with Intermediaries
• Likely impact on quality of ratings as a result of possibility of tweaking of financials by the Intermediaries for their own interests
• Ethical issues as a result of Intermediaries in Ratting business
• Proposed solutions to do away with Intermediaries in Rating business in Indian context.
Digital origination and on-boarding of MSME clients in India for business loans
• Detailed customer value proposition for DIY digital lending with identified target segments within our target groups
• Business plan with detailed unit economics
• Granular customer journeys with failure scenarios and mitigants
• Comparative analysis and recommendation of various sources/media/channels of digital sourcing
• Benchmarking with globally players in US, Europe, China.
Study of customer preferences of investments & digital behaviour during Covid.
• Understanding shift in investment preferences of retail customers during COVID pandemic
• Identifying ways to enhance reach to customers for mobilising deposits including enhanced usage of video-KYC (as permitted by RBI)
• Understanding strategies of other peer level competitors in mobilising deposits during COVID pandemic.
Scope for Digital Lending
• Identifying Digital process for preliminary information online capturing for particular loan requirement, provision for uploading of required documents for 1st hand screening of eligibility.
• Simplification of existing process of retail loan customer onboarding without dilution in security & safety measures
• Having appropriate tech enablers for onboarding of retail loan customers (Home loan, Vehicle loan, Personal loan)