Dr. Mafruza Sultana
Dr. Mafruza Sultana has 16 years of Academic and Administrative experience. She has worked as a faculty in Economics Area in different colleges and Universities for 10 years.
Her doctoral thesis is “A socio-economic analysis of clay model industry of Krishnanagar, West Bengal”. Her research interests include social economics, women empowerment, developmental and financial economics. She has many publications to her credit, having presented at many national and international conferences. She also writes articles on contemporary issues in business magazine.
Dr. Mafruza is passionate about studying the issues of present time, such as urbanization, technological change, economic empowerment, sustainability, migration, and globalization; and explore creating collaborative change by translating economic growth into broad based improvements in urban and rural living standards. She received the best paper award for the paper titled “Does the Covid 19 protocol enhance customer satisfaction in the hotel industry? Evidence from India” at The Regional Conference on Marketing and International Business (RCMIB 2021), Bangladesh on August 20, 2021, and paper titled, “Work life balance of Women Professionals: Impact and Implications” at BAASANA interdisciplinary conference held at Adelphi University, New York, USA. She also holds a lifetime membership (WB-323) of Indian Economic Association.
- Ph.D., Economics, Rabindra Bharati University, India
- Sultana, M et. al. (2021) “Stock Market and Economic Growth: A Study in Indian Perspective”, “Empirical Economics Letters”, ISSN: 1681-8997, Vol. 20, No. 11, ABDC-‘C’
- Paper titled “Work -life Balance of Women Professionals: Impact and Implications” accepted for publication in International Journal Services and Operations Management, Scopus indexed, DOI:10.1504/IJSOM.2020.10028531
- Sultana, M et. al. (2020), “Sensitivity Analysis and Impact of Intervention and Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic”, Journal of Seybold Report, ISSN: 1533-9211, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 1259-1270, Scopus Indexed.
- Sultana, M et.al. (2020), “Impact of FDI on Indian Economy”, Journal of Critical Reviews, ISSN: 2394-5125, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 115-119, Scopus Indexed.
- Sultana, M et.al. (2020), “Impact of FDI Inflows on Bilateral Trades between BRICS Nations”, TEST Engineering & Management, ISSN. 0193-4120, Vol. 82, No. January-February 2020, pp. 1424-1434, Scopus Indexed.
- Sarbabidya, M & Sultana, M (2019), "A Comparative Study and Trend Analysis of Non-Performing Assets (NPA) within the Commercial Banks in India", Focus International Journal of Management, ISSN: 0973-9165, Vol. 14, No. 2
- Sultana, M and Sinha, R (2017) “Economic Impact and Strategic Analysis adopted by Indian Leading Automobile Companies”, International Journal of Advancement in Engineering Technology, Management & Applied Science (IJAETMAS), ISSN: 2349-3224, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 66-80, http://www.ijaetmas.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/IJ17M0414.pdf
- Sultana, M, and Rao, K.S. (2016) “Socio-Economic Development through the Indian Government Scheme - MGNREGA: A Review on West Bengal State”, International Journal of Advanced Research (IJAR), ISSN 2320-5407, Vol. 4, No. 9, pp.167-183 http://www.journalijar.com/article/11709/socio-economic-development-through-the-indian-government-scheme---mgnrega:-a-review-on-west-bengal-state./#sthash.69fBCXO9.dpuf
- The article titled “Covid 19 and Future Work: Remote work, Automation, Digitization” Published by BW BUSINESSWORLD, September 04, 2021, http://everythingexperiential.businessworld.in/article/COVID-19-And-Future-Of-Business-Remote-work-Automation-Digitization-/04-09-2021-403203/
- The article titled “Unveil Your Brand and Come Alive with Influencer Marketing” Published by BUSINESSWORLD, July 06, 2021, http://everythingexperiential.businessworld.in/article/Unveil-Your-Brand-and-Come-Alive-with-Influencer-Marketing/06-07-2021-395499/
- The article titled “Blockchain Technology: A Way To Leverage The Demographic Dividend In India” Published by BUSINESSWORLD, June 09, 2021, http://everythingexperiential.businessworld.in/article/Blockchain-Technology-A-Way-To-Leverage-The-Demographic-Dividend-In-India/09-06-2021-392489/
- The article titled “Is ‘Gig Economy’ Going To Dominate The Blue-Collar Job Sector?” Published by BUSINESSWORLD, April 27, 2021, http://everythingexperiential.businessworld.in/article/Is-Gig-Economy-Going-To-Dominate-The-Blue-Collar-Job-Sector-/27-04-2021-387812/
- The article titled “Can Fashion Industry Boost Women Empowerment?” Published by BUSINESSWORLD, Mat 09, 2021, http://everythingexperiential.businessworld.in/article/Can-Fashion-Industry-Boost-Women-Empowerment-/09-03-2021-383275/
- The article titled “Digital Economy and the Potential Multiplier: Can India enable this?” Published by BUSINESSWORLD, January 28, 2021, http://everythingexperiential.businessworld.in/article/Digital-Economy-and-the-Potential-Multiplier-Effect-Can-India-enable-this-/28-01-2021-370835/
- The article titled “The paradox of Cricket sponsorship beating the economic blues” published by BUSINESSWORLD, August 31, 2020, http://everythingexperiential.businessworld.in/article/The-paradox-of-cricket-sponsorship-beating-the-economic-blues-Dr-Asit-K-Barma-Dr-Mafruza-Sultana-IFIM-Business-School/31-08-2020-314997/?fbclid=IwAR20tiFDzd20XVZNP7S-yQRLQOAJutwe_CEav99bw2WcCMNIz42RLerZnnw
- The article titled “Unbox your imagination, come alive with Experiential Marketing” published by BUSINESSWORLD, July 27, 2020, http://everythingexperiential.businessworld.in/article/Unbox-your-imagination-come-alive-with-Experiential-Marketing-Dr-Asit-K-Barma-Dr-Mafruza-Sultana/27-07-2020-301949/?fbclid=IwAR14pYsjdHvfit_GeIXLedA_Sj88PaBShJwW3eyKxMyHhNrWOd3IdF4AOnM#.Xx6sbYeXcNE.facebook
- The article based on the Case study “Brillio: Innovative Talent Acquisition Practices”, published by BUSINESSWORLD, Vol. 36, Issue 15, 2nd April 2017, RNI NO: 39847/81, Co-author: Dr. Shaji Kurian, http://www.businessworld.in/article/Brillio-Manpower-Is-The-Key-To-Sustainable-Growth/06- 04-2017-115873/, http://bwevents.co.in/hr-excellence-awards/files/Brillio-Talent-Acquistion-case-study-Final.pdf
- Book chapter titled ‘COVID-19 and Higher Education: Impact and Challenges from Indian Perspective’ (2021) has been published in ‘Covid-19 and Education’ by ABS Books (ISBN NUMBER-978-81-951369-1-9)
- Book chapter titled ‘Technological Advancement in Data Mining’ has been published in ‘Emerging Trends and Practices, (ISBN NUMBER-978-93-5391-805-7)
- Book chapter, “Reversing Brain Drain and Harnesing Yuva Shakti for India”, Impact India, supplement with Dalal Street Investment Journal, April 2019, pp-90
- Presented a paper titled “Measuring Service Quality of Online Educational Platforms” at 16th South Asian Management Forum on December 17-18, 2021, IUBAT, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Presented a paper titled “Does the Covid 19 protocol enhance customer satisfaction in the hotel industry? Evidence from India” at The Regional Conference on Marketing and International Business (RCMIB 2021), Bangladesh on August 20, 2021.
- Presented a paper titled “Understanding Consumer response to Service Encounter Involving Service Failure and Recovery in Online Shopping during Covid 19 pandemic: Evidence from Emerging Economy” at 2021 International Conference of Business and Applied Sciences Academy of North America (BAASANA) on August 4, 5 2021, The New York Times 620 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10018.
- Presented a paper titled “Financial Development, Country Governance and Economic Growth: Evidence from BRICS Economies” with conference proceedings at 56th Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) at Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, India during January 8-10, 2020.
- Presented a paper titled “Merger & Acquisition: An Analysis on Indian Banking Sector” without conference proceedings at 1st International Conference on Applied Economics and Finance at Goa Institute of Management, Goa, India during December 16-18, 2019.
- Presented a paper titled “Work -life Balance of Women Professionals: Impact and Implications” with conference proceedings at BAASANA Interdisciplinary Conference at Adelphi University, New York during June 17-19, 2019.
- Presented paper titled “Women Entrepreneurs and Work-Life Balance: A Study in Indian Context” at International Conference on Family Business & Entrepreneurship at The Patra Bali Resort & Villas, Indonesia during May 2-4, 2018.
- Authored a paper titled “Socio-Economic Development and Poverty Alleviation through MGNREGA in India” with conference proceedings at AMDISA’s 14th SAMF at Male, Maldives on the theme “Governance and Public Policy – Role of Management Development” organized by MNU Business School, Maldives during 24-26, April 2017.
- Presented a paper titled “Performance of Crowd Funding in India: Issues and Challenges” at the International Conference on Inclusive Economic Growth and Sustainable Development organized by Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development, Mysore during 18-19, November 2016.
- Best paper award for the paper titled “Does the Covid 19 protocol enhance customer satisfaction in the hotel industry? Evidence from India” at The Regional Conference on Marketing and International Business (RCMIB 2021), Bangladesh on August 20, 2021.
- Invited as a panelist for the discussion on “COVID 19 and the future business: Remote work, Digitisation, Automation” at 2021 International Conference of Business and Applied Sciences Academy of North America (BAASANA) on August 4, 5 2021, The New York Times 620 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10018.
- Invited as a Keynote Speaker for a guest talk on ‘Indian Economy-The Post Covid Scenario’ by Trisha Group of Institutions, Udupi & Mangalore on June 26, 2021.
- Indian Express has quoted my statement about Women Empowerment from the event ‘Pehchan-Run for Identity’, where I have invited as a Brand Ambassador to celebrate International Women’s Day 2021 on March 09, 2021. https://bengali.indianexpress.com/kolkata-news/mmsssl-raindrops-em-the-international-women-s-day-pehchan-run-for-identity-2021/?fbclid=IwAR2Y8XJTJABtaLiCVc-qAo_x_sAokrT_6M_paw2otnos9m8WlP5f_nMdyC0
- Chaired a session on Accounting, Law & finance at BAASANA Interdisciplinary Conference to be held at Adelphi University, New York from 17th to 19thJune 2019.
- Took part as a panelist for the discussion on "Women Empowerment: A Global Perspective" at BAASANA Interdisciplinary Conference to be held at Adelphi University, New York from 17th to 19thJune 2019.
- Best paper award for the paper titled “Work -life Balance of Women Professionals: Impact and Implications” was presented at BAASANA Interdisciplinary Conference held in New York from 17th to 19thJune 2019.