Dr. Punita Rajpurohit
Dr. Punita holds a PhD in Management from Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad. She has worked as an assistant professor in the economics and finance area at the Institute of Management, Nirma University for 4 years. She has completed ‘Training of Trainers’ in an international project named CESTour on sustainable tourism funded by the European Commissions' capacity building programme Erasmus+ at Nirma University.
She is a recipient of MHRD-GoI’s fellowship for pursuing under-graduate and post-graduate studies. She is also a recipient of the UGC-JRF fellowship for pursuing her Ph.D.
She secured first position in the academic performance at B.Com and M.Com for which she was awarded gold medals at the Sardar Patel University, Anand.
Her areas of teaching and research interests are financial reporting & analysis and corporate governance.
- Ph.D, Nirma University, India
- CMA (intermediate), Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- UGC – JRF & NET
- M.Com, Sardar Patel University, India
Assistant Professor (Economics and Finance area), Institute of Management, Nirma University (15th May, 2018 to 1st July 2022)
- Rajpurohit, P., & Rijwani, P. (2022). Real earnings management: Evidence from India. The IUP Journal of Accounting Research & Audit Practices, 21(2), 71-97 (ABDC ‘C’ category)
- Rajpurohit, P., & Rijwani, P. (2022). Corporate governance and quality of financial reporting in emerging markets: A structured literature review. Indian Journal of Corporate Governance, 15(1), 89-134 (ABDC ‘C’ category, Scopus)
- Rajpurohit, P. (2021). First Time IFRS Convergence in India: Impact on Key Accounting Measures and Accruals Quality. SCMS Journal of Indian Management, 18(4), 44-56. (Scopus).
- Rajpurohit, P., & Rijwani, P. (2020). Financial Reporting Practices and Internal Corporate Governance Mechanisms in Emerging Markets. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 13(8-9), 8-27. (Scopus)
Research grants, awards and fellowships:
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) from University Grants Commission for pursuing Ph.D.
- Received best paper award and a cash prize of Rs. 25,000 for paper titled ‘The Role Earnings Management and Ownership Structure in Signalling Financial Distress’ at ANVESH-2017, Doctoral Research Conference in Management organized by Institute of Management, Nirma University from April 07-08, 2017.
- Received best paper award and a cash prize of Rs. 15,000 for paper titled ‘Prediction of Industrial Sickness: A Study of BIFR Companies’ at ANVESH- 2016, Doctoral Research Conference in Management organized by Institute of Management, Nirma University from April 08-09, 2016.